This is Part 8 and last part (I think…) of my series on vSphere Performance data.
Part 1 discusses the project, Part 2 is about exploring how to retrieve data, Part 3 is about using Get-Stat for the retrieval. Part 4 talked about the database used to store the retrieved data, InfluxDB. Part 5 showed how data is written to the database. Part 6 was about creating dashboards to show off the data. Part 7 added more data to the project. This part will try to wrap up and look at some future steps.
When I started my project I did it with a clear picture on how and what software I would use. Therefore I didn’t look around much for if and how others had done it. After a while I did find that (of course) several others have done similar projects with vSphere performance data, InfluxDB and Grafana.